Accessibility Links

China Services

Renewal of Press Card (R) in China

Press Card (R) in China of a resident foreign journalist remain valid for no more than one year. Resident foreign journalist shall apply for extension of Press Card (R) before it expires.

The IPC handles the extension of Press Card (R) of resident foreign journalists in a given period each year. Please refer to relevant notifications at the IPC’s website ( ) in due time.

Foreign journalists based in Beijing can directly turn in their Cards to the IPC for renewal. Journalists based in Shanghai, Chongqing, Guangzhou, Shenyang, Shenzhen and Dalian shall apply at the original registration authorities for examination and extension within the stipulated time.

A resident journalist should submit the following items when applying for extension of his Press Card (R):
1. An application letter for extension signed by the chief of the headquarter of the organization the journalist works for.
2. A valid Press Card (R)
3. Registration Form for Renewal of Press Card
4.Two Passport Photos

In order to strengthen the exchanges and communication, officials from the Department of Information of MFA or local registration authorities will meet with you while the extension procedures are undergoing.

In case of overdue application, an explanation for the delay has to be provided. If he fails to do so, without a justifiable reason, he shall be deemed to have automatically waived his status as a resident foreign journalist and his Press Card (R) shall be canceled accordingly.

Contact Us
If you have further queries, don’t hesitate to contact Tannet anytime, anywhere by simply visiting Tannet’s website or, or calling  Hong Kong hotline at 852-27826888 or China hotline at 86-755-82143422, or emailing to


Our Apps

Tannet is pleased to keep you posted anytime and anywhere. Therefore, we launched a series of mobile applications (Apps) for you. You can download our Apps via the following link or contact with us.
Download App Hong Kong